Naruto is one of the most popular anime and Japanese manga series in the world. It follows the tale of Naruto Uzumaki, a child who is shunned by his village yet still yearns to become the village leader (Hokage) and gain his village’s respect.
Though it is geared towards a young adult audience, Naruto has plenty of quotes that can deeply impact people of all ages. Naruto teaches us about heroism and the power of persistence, but also about the value of friendship and love.
This post will reveal some of the best Naruto quotes of all time. If you have never watched Naruto before, hopefully, it will encourage you to give the show a chance, and if you have, you’ll find yourself smiling at some of the memories these quotes will stir up.
From meaningful Itachi Uchiha quotes to quotes on love by Sakura Haruno to intense quotes by members of the Akatsuki, these are some of the best Naruto quotes of all time.
Inspirational Naruto Quotes
- “Power is not will, it is the phenomenon of physically making things happen.” – Madara.
- “Never give up without even trying. Do what you can, no matter how small the effect it may have!” – Onoki.
- “You’re wrong, that’s not what makes a shinobi. You never did get it, a real ninja is one who endures no matter what gets thrown at him… Let me explain something to you, there is only one thing that matters if you are a shinobi, and it isn’t the number of jutsu you possess. All you do need, is the guts to never give up.” – Jiraiya.
- “People who continue to put their lives on the line to defend their faith become heroes and continue to exist on in legend.” – Naruto.
- “Growth occurs when one goes beyond one’s limits. Realizing that is also part of training.” – Itachi.
- “A person grows up when he’s able to overcome hardships. Protection is important, but there are some things that a person must learn on his own.” – Jiraiya.
- “I will never go back on my word, because that too is my ninja way!” – Hinata.
- “People become stronger because they have things they cannot forget. That’s what you call growth.” – Tsunade.
- “I care more about others than I do myself, and I won’t let anyone hurt them.” – Naruto.
- “I’m not gonna run away & I never go back on my word that is my Ninja way” – Naruto.
- “If you don’t like the hand that fate’s dealt you with, fight for a new one.” – Naruto.
- “A smile is the easiest way out of a difficult situation.” – Sakura.
Sad Naruto Quotes
- “Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this world. The longer you live, the more you realize that in this reality only pain, suffering and futility exist.” – Madara.
- “Often people have it wrong, mistakenly believing… that showing mercy to an enemy is kindness. They spare the foe whose life is in their hands. But don’t you see? It’s an empty existence, to go on living… alone and unloved… when defeat already costs you your dream!” – Haku
- “A soul needs a purpose to live and so I concluded that my purpose was to kill everyone besides myself. I felt alive.” – Gaara.
- “Man seeks peace, yet at the same time yearning for war… Those are the two realms belonging solely to man. Thinking of peace whilst spilling blood is something that only humans could do. They’re two sides of the same coin… to protect something… another must be sacrificed.” – Madara.
- “War brings death. And wounds and pain to both sides. There’s nothing harder to accept, than the deaths of those you love. So you believe they could never die. Especially those who haven’t known war.” – Nagato.
- “Darkness. When everything that you know and love is taken away from you so harshly. All you can think about is anger, hatred and even revenge. And no one can save you.” – Orochimaru.
- “If love is just a word, then why does it hurt so much if you realize it isn’t there?” – Gaara.
- “It’s not the face that makes someone a monster, it’s the choices they make with their lives.” – Naruto.
- “No man chooses evil because he is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks.” – Sasuke.
- “People cannot show each other their true feelings fear suspicion and resentment never subside.” – Madara.
- “Love breeds sacrifice…which in turn breeds hatred. Then you can know pain.” – Naruto.
- “Listen to yourself whining and complaining like some sorry little victim. You can whimper all day long for all I care, you’re nothing but a coward.” – Naruto.
Naruto Quotes About Life
- “When people get hurt, they learn to hate… When people hurt others, they become hated and racked with guilt. But knowing that pain allows people to be kind. Pain allows people to grow… and how you grow is up to you.” – Jiraiya.
- “Rejection is a part of any man’s life. If you can’t accept and move past rejection, or at least use it as writing material – you’re not a real man.” – Jiraiya.
- “In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love.” – Madara.
- “When people are protecting something truly precious to them. They truly can become…as strong as they need to be!” – Haku.
- “The moment people come to know love, they run the risk of carrying hate.” – Obito.
- “If you don’t share someone’s pain, you can never understand them.” – Pain.
- “Either people change or they die before they do. It’s one or the other.” – Orochimaru.
- “Sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain because life’s greatest lessons are learned through pain.” – Pain.
- “Now there’s something I understand a little better. Hate, sadness, even joy. To be able to share it with another person… Naruto Uzumaki. From fighting him I learned that. He knew pain like I did and then he taught me that you can change your path. I wish that one day I can be needed by someone. Not as a frightening weapon… But as the sand’s Kazekage.” – Gaara.
- “Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life. But if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it, like how you discovered that flower. Or, how I discovered you one fateful night.” – Orochimaru.
- “Knowledge and awareness are vague, and perhaps better called illusions. Everyone lives within their own subjective interpretation.” – Itachi.
- “People cannot win against their loneliness because loneliness is this world’s worst kind of pain.” – Masashi Kishimoto.
Naruto Quotes on Friendship
- “Because they saved me from myself, they rescued me from my loneliness. They were the first to accept me for who I am. They’re my friends.” – Naruto.
- “In the ninja world, those who don’t follow the rules are trash. But, those who abandon their friends are even worse than trash.” – Kakashi.
- “On that day, you taught me that solitude is painful! I understand that so well right now. I have family, and I have friends but if you’re gone… To me… It will be the same as being alone.” – Sakura.
- “I’ll admit that you’re stronger than before. But because of that, you seem to have lost sight of what’s truly important. Now listen carefully. The people of the village, who once abhorred you, have begun to admire you. They think of you as a comrade. It’s because you fought hard for their acceptance. You once said it was everyone who cares about you who helped you get where you are now. If you forget others because you have power, and become arrogant and egotistical, you’ll eventually become just like Madara. No matter how powerful you become, do not try to shoulder everything alone. Becoming the Hokage doesn’t mean people will acknowledge you. But when the people acknowledge you, you can become Hokage. Never forget your friends!” – Itachi.
- “He was the one who taught me to deepen my bond with my people. Thanks to him, I was able to regain my true self. That village has him, the one who cherishes a friend’s bond more than anyone I know. Naruto Uzumaki… Knowing him and the friends he holds so dear, they will overcome this disaster and grow even stronger from it.” – Gaara.
- “You can steal the very last bite of my very best food. You can mock me all you want. But if you insult my best friend, I will obliterate you.” – Choji.
- “When people are protecting something truly special to them, they truly can become… as strong as they can be.” – Naruto.
- “I really am… shinobi trash. But the one thing I still learned is this. That void is something that everyone helps you fill. Just because you face adversity and hardships, is no reason to give up on this world. A person willing to throw away all those memories… of their friends and comrades, will never find peace of mind. Resorting to something like that isn’t going to bury that hole. If you persevere and endure, someone will be there to support you!” – Kakashi.
Naruto Quotes Regarding Love
- “Bonds aren’t just about history or blood, It’s something much stronger, Feelings of love, that’s all you need.” – Naruto.
- “I want to be with you, From now on, I want to spend all and every single one of my days until I die with you, and only you.” – Naruto.
- “When I watch you, I feel strong, like I can do anything – that even I am worth something.” – Hinata.
- “I love you with all my heart!.. If you were to stay here with me, there would be no regrets…because every day we’d do something fun, we’d be happy I swear..! I would do anything for you! So…please, just stay with me!” – Sakura.
- “Love is the reason why there is pain. When we lose someone precious to us, hate is born. Vengeance is the product of that hate and so death follows. But in death there is only more death. This will give rise to more pains. In this cursed world we live in, it is a cycle of hatred that will not cease. You and I seek the same thing that Jiraiya-sensei wanted. Let me ask you this: How will you confront this hatred in order to create peace?” – Pain.
- “I used to always cry and give up… I made many wrong turns… But you… You helped me find the right path… I always chased after you… I wanted to catch up to you… I wanted to walk beside you all the time… I just wanted to be with you… You changed me! Your smile is what saved me! That is why I’m not afraid to die protecting you! Because… I love you.” – Hinata.
Best Naruto Quotes of All Time
Naruto is one of the most popular anime series to have aired and, though first released almost 20 years ago, continues to provide wise words, lessons, and inspirations to this day.
With the abundance of Naruto quotes available, it’s hard to think of a situation in which a Naruto quote wouldn’t be of help!
Jeff is a Harvard 2025 student passionate about making smart financial decisions both in school and in the workplace so that he can spend more time doing what he loves (like playing golf, spending time with family, and travelling). He has experience working in the financial industry and enjoys sharing all things personal finance, academic, and golf-related. Outside of blogging, he loves to cook, read, and golf in his spare time.