You’ve probably heard someone say that they “make five figures” or “make six figures” and wondered to yourself “how much is 5 figures? How much is 1 figure? That doesn’t sound like a number to me!” I’ll cut right to the chase: a “figure” is simply a digit.
If we apply the same thinking to 6 figures, we can determine that 6 figures is anything from 100,000 to 999,999. At the low end of the spectrum, 6 figures in money can’t even buy you a house. But on the high end of the spectrum, 6 figures can be close to one million dollars!
In case you’re curious, here are some well-known jobs that pay over six-figures in salary:
– Chief Executive Officers (CEOs usually make over $100,000)
– Hedge Fund Manager
– Influencers (depending on how successful you are)
– Investment Bankers (they need to trade their soul though)
A study shows that if your household makes $23,000, you’re doing better than 25% of other Americans. If your household makes $75,000, then you’re doing better than 75% of Americans. And if you make over six figures ($125,000), you’re basically doing better than 90% of Americans.
– Become a Freelancer
– Start a Blog
– Start Your Own Busine
– Become an Uber or Lyft driver in your spare time
– Use apps like Acorns to invest your money without you even realizing it
– Sell some of your used stuff on Shopify